Premier Posts forum

View latest messages in My Forums
Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Premier Post - CHRIS BONINGTON talks October/November

Speakers from the Edge - on 02 Oct 2012

Chris Bonington needs little introduction. He is Britain's best known mountaineer and one of the most successful expedition leaders in history. He started climbing at the age of 16 and has been on 19 Himalayan expeditions, including 4 to Everest. He is renowned for having made many first ascents in the Alps and all the greater ranges of the world.

This Autumn Chris will be appearing at just six venues presenting a brand new “life and times” talk, covering his sixty years spent in the mountains. With original images and raw footage, this is a rare opportunity to hear about some of the greatest expeditions of the twentieth century.

Dates & Venues

October

Tues 23 HARROGATE Royal Hall 01423 502 116
Wed 24 DERBY Assembly Rooms 01332 255800
Mon 29 BIRMINGHAM Town Hall 0121 780 3333

November
Sat 3 BUXTON Opera House 0845 127 2190
Sun 4 INVERNESS Eden Court 01463 234234
Thurs 8 LLANDUDNO Venue Cymru 01492 872000

To BOOK TICKETS ONLINE, please visit http://www.speakersfromtheedge.com/theatre-tours/sir-chris-bonington-autumn-2012

The tour is kindly sponsored by http://store.berghaus.com/

greycarsdave - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Speakers from the Edge:

Need to sell my tickets for Buxton, unfortunately can't make it any more.
Got 2, I'll sell the both for £20 inc P&P.

Cheers,

Dave.
Up High on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: so the North and South divide really does EXIST!
What wrong with us folk in the South? why are all the talks up North
Shame on You Chris, and Berghaus........ get in touch with the 21st Century
Speakers from the Edge - on 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Up High: unfortunately it's not a tour as we could only do 6 dates this year, and had to go with the 6 venues who were up for it. But we may do it again next year, in which case we would look to do the SE, SW, NE etc. Sorry to disappoint this time around.
bfrank - on 24 Oct 2012
In reply to greycarsdave:

Hi Dave, i will take those two tickets if they are still available?

Cheers
djellworth on 25 Oct 2012
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: I went to Harrogate on Tuesday this week with my 12 yr old son. Even though I had read most of what Chris has written, I really enjoyed the evening. Comes across as a very nice bloke - very humble - and whilst not a stand up comedian, surprisingly entertaining. Definitely recommend.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My Forums