ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - FRCC Odd grade

DerwentDiluted - on 03 Oct 2012
The New FRCC guide to the Eden Valley is great but I am puzzled by Greta's Climb at Scratchmere Scar being given the Grade of MVS+. I haven't done the route so am not at all qualified to comment but surely the + cancels out the M and the route is just plain old VS? The FRCC have long graded routes as being Adjectival +/- and I've always felt this a bit odd, surely a VS+ is a HARD Very Severe (which for the sake of simplicity we could abbreviate to HVS) and an HVS- is a not very Hard Hard Very Severe which renders it simply Very Severe?

I can see the logic behind saying something is at the top/bottom of the grade but MVS+ seems peverse, Could a route be graded 'Mild Mild Hard Severe- But Still Hard Enough Not To Be a Hard Hard (but not actually Hard Severe)Severe +' or do I have too much time on my hands to think about this rubbish?

Always good to start a pointless grade debate.
... not showing 35 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums