UKC

Any news on the new Nottingham wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mullermn 05 Oct 2012
Hi,

Just wondering if there is any news on the new Nottingham bouldering wall? Wasn't that supposed to open this week?

I'm heading up there for a few months for work soon, so hoping that it doesn't get delayed too much..
 Depot Climbing 05 Oct 2012
In reply to mullermn:

No great delay. The matting is arriving towards the end of next week so we should be open the following Monday/Tuesday. We will keep updating on our Facebook page and our website.

Pop in if your passing

Steve D.
OP mullermn 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Depot Climbing:

If you've got space for a roll mat I'm planning on moving in.
jamie85 06 Oct 2012

What are the prices going to be, how much is a year pass? Iv been told its going to be cheaper than the other Nottingham wall?

Thanks
 Depot Climbing 06 Oct 2012
We haven't disclosed anything regarding prices yet. However, you can rest assured that it will offer great value for money. We will no doubt put something in the industry news section of UKC at some point this week - this will include all the relevant info.

Cheers

Steve
StrongTips 14 Oct 2012
Is there any news on when the new depot opens went past today and the was no open day date ???
Dane14 14 Oct 2012
In reply to StrongTips: Tuesday at 11 was last I heard.
 CM 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Dane14: Has this been confirmed anywhere does anyone know?
 chrisbaggy 15 Oct 2012
In reply to CM: 5PM Tuesday according to their facebook page
OP mullermn 17 Oct 2012
In reply to mullermn:

It's now the 17th, did it open?

I think the marketing/PR team might need to change strategy. It would be hard to put LESS information on this out there!

Edit - was just checking the above in case I was doing them a disservice, so went to their website and the front page news article says it's opening today! Then I clicked on the link and got 404 page not found.. sigh..
In reply to mullermn: It opened last night. I went down for a few hours and it's a fantastic facility, good spread of interesting problems and very well appointed training area. Friendly staff too.

Would be interested in a budget lunch hour entry deal if the powers that be are reading? =o)
 winhill 17 Oct 2012
In reply to highaltitudebarista:

Did you notice the only guide available in the shop was Yorkshire Grit?

Bastards.

Arms Cliff 17 Oct 2012
In reply to mullermn: This has been a purposeful 'soft' opening with an official opening event in a few weeks.
 Offwidth 17 Oct 2012
In reply to highaltitudebarista:

Might be useful although there is an off peak rate already. I was there last night as well and really enjoyed myself and would second all your points... only did purple easy circuit and about half the blues and the odd red. The purples were good but could maybe do with a tad more variety without putting off beginners (and a readjustment of the grade range.. more like VB to V0) but the blues I did were fabulous (with the exception of one last minute setting which was clearly missing a hold for which they apologised). The parking held up well (never quite full). It's a great addition to Nottingham climbing and should complement the Nottingham Climbing Centre really well.

Boy are those new holds rough on the hands!
 Ava Adore 17 Oct 2012
In reply to mullermn:

Very much looking forward to trying it out some time in the next few weeks!
 Depot Climbing 17 Oct 2012
Thanks for the comments guys.

We wil be stocking a full range of guides from Friday and we will be adding a load more stock over the next couple of weeks.

Info has been a little sporadic admittedly - we had a delay that was completely out of our control which made it hard to predict the opening day.. The website is due to go live in the next 24hrs but with one thing and another we put all our efforts into getting the doors open first.

Any comments good or bad are welcome.

Cheers

Steve

robw007 17 Oct 2012

Hi - where is it please?
 Depot Climbing 17 Oct 2012
Situated at 4 King Edward Street. NG1 1EU

Parking is just opposite staples off Hartingdon Road.

Thanks
 Budge 17 Oct 2012

I went this lunchtime and really enjoyed it. It compliments the existing notts wall well I'll be going to both. They need a circuit between the purple and blue ones as they jump from around 4c to around 5b but I'm sure that will come. The woodies and circuit board looked impressive for those stronger than me. Only drawback is that 6 quid is steep for lunchtime bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...