HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Landrovers on the Gatesgarth Pass,

Simon Ash - on 07 Oct 2012
Went for a walk today - just up Harter Fell Haweswater as was feeling a bit under the weather. Not only did we have 4 guys on motorbikes trying to get up the pass - which specifically says no motorised vehicles - we saw a whole load of Landrovers trying to drive up the pass; churning the path up; reeking the air full of diesel etc.

One of the Landrovers had a Surrey Landrover sticker on it - whilst another was from some off-road 4*4 website company.

I intend to write to the local paper (The Cumberland and Westmorland Herald Cumberland and Westmorland Herald) at www.cwherald.com, as I live in Penrith, and will also be writing to the national park to see who authorised this (they had the code to unlock the padlocks on the gates) etc. I would hope all those who were a) affected by these 'people' (term used loosely) and/or b) care about the Lakes and other areas would do the same to try and prevent this kind of thing ever happening again.

Thanks

Simon
... not showing 88 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums