UKC

Where's best when too windy in Easter Grit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Hy 11 Oct 2012
It was very windy last Fri at Burbage North, so assume Stanage, Bamford etc would have been worse, so where's a good sheltered crag for upto VS grade?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Paul Hy:

Rivelin, Lawrencefield, Yarncliffe, Gardoms, Chatsworth.

Chris
 deacondeacon 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Paul Hy: Hi Paul, the usual answer is lawrencefield. I prefer to go to rivelin when it's windy as it still stays fairly quiet and there are some great routes at your grade. If the wind is seriously strong yarncliffe is an option but it's certainly not the greatest crag.
 deacondeacon 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Chris Craggs: Beat me to it I reckon gardoms and chatsworth will be damp tomorrow. Forecast for torrential rain today.
OP Paul Hy 11 Oct 2012
In reply to deacondeacon: Hi Deacon, was Rivelin the place you mentioned last Fri? I couldn't remember it (age thing!!)
 deacondeacon 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Paul Hy: Yeah it is. I'm going to Wharnecliffe tomorrow with a mate and then retreating to Rivelin if its too breezy. May see you there.
 Mike_d78 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Paul Hy: Personally I would check the wind direction and choose my crag based on that.

Regards
 deepsoup 11 Oct 2012
In reply to Paul Hy:
Turningstone Edge faces East and has a thick tangle of rhododendrons on its top (also, unfortunately, along the its bottom and a few in the middle). It can be lovely there when its blowing a hoolie from the West. Among other things it has one of the nicest slabby severes you'll find anywhere, and a fantastic VS with a bold feel to it.
OP Paul Hy 11 Oct 2012
In reply to deepsoup: where's this, can't find on UKC or Prockfax?
OP Paul Hy 11 Oct 2012
In reply to deacondeacon: ahh! it helps to put a "space" in doh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...