/ Need advice/tips on clearing the base of a bouldering wall
There are loads of ways to clear nettles but it depends on where you are:
1) Thick trousers, heavy boots and a bit of trampling.
2) Introduce grazing animals
3) A scythe
4) Get really drunk, push a mate in and then shout "bundle"
5) A brush cutter
7) Use your bouldering mat to push through them and then flatten them.
8) Introduce bind weed, wait 3 moths and then pull the whole lot out in one go.
Can I use butterflies instead of moths if I want to do it during the day?
:-) Maybe wait 3 months!
9) Torch the place (also removes lichen)
10) Drink a lot of nettle tea.
11) Eat them
Elsewhere on the site
Manchester Climbing Centre are showing Brit Rock on Thursday the 27th of November at 7pm. Homegrown adventure comes... Read more
Every so often you meet someone in climbing that makes you take a step back. Someone with a fire in their eye, passion in... Read more
This week's Friday Night Video is an interview with Mina-Leslie Wujastyk filmed by Nick Brown. On 14th October 2014, Mina... Read more
The Grivel A&D Ascender & Descender is brand new for Autumn 2014 and incorporates a revolutionary and innovative patented... Read more