/ Need advice/tips on clearing the base of a bouldering wall
There are loads of ways to clear nettles but it depends on where you are:
1) Thick trousers, heavy boots and a bit of trampling.
2) Introduce grazing animals
3) A scythe
4) Get really drunk, push a mate in and then shout "bundle"
5) A brush cutter
7) Use your bouldering mat to push through them and then flatten them.
8) Introduce bind weed, wait 3 moths and then pull the whole lot out in one go.
Can I use butterflies instead of moths if I want to do it during the day?
:-) Maybe wait 3 months!
9) Torch the place (also removes lichen)
10) Drink a lot of nettle tea.
11) Eat them
Elsewhere on the site
At a bar in Llanberis an old man chimed in And I thought he was out of his head Being a young man I just laughed it off When... Read more
F ounded in 1993, Mountain Hardwear are a pretty young mountaineering clothing and equipment manufacturer but are also one of... Read more
Perhaps the perfect Xmas gift for the climber in your life... Wild Country's Crack School has two of the worlds best crack... Read more
Tonight's Friday Night Video features the Norwegian town of Rjukan, once believed to be the home of the world's tallest... Read more