/ Need advice/tips on clearing the base of a bouldering wall
There are loads of ways to clear nettles but it depends on where you are:
1) Thick trousers, heavy boots and a bit of trampling.
2) Introduce grazing animals
3) A scythe
4) Get really drunk, push a mate in and then shout "bundle"
5) A brush cutter
7) Use your bouldering mat to push through them and then flatten them.
8) Introduce bind weed, wait 3 moths and then pull the whole lot out in one go.
Can I use butterflies instead of moths if I want to do it during the day?
:-) Maybe wait 3 months!
9) Torch the place (also removes lichen)
10) Drink a lot of nettle tea.
11) Eat them
Elsewhere on the site
2012 saw the release of the beautiful first volume of definitive Yorkshire Gritstone climbing, produced by the YMC with Robin... Read more
The Kendal Mountain Festival 2014 proved once again to be a busy and inspiring four days of films, photos, music, art... Read more
I am Matthew Phillips, I'm nearly 14 and I was born without my right arm below the elbow. I started climbing at taster... Read more
Backpackers want an extremely liveable and lightweight tent at good price. MSR answers the call with the Elixir 2 tent and... Read more
The Women's Mountain Equipment Cho Oyu Jacket is the perfect choice for female mountaineers an explorers who... Read more