/ EU Wins Nobel Peace Prize

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rob Exile Ward on 12 Oct 2012
'the committee wanted to concentrate on the body's work over six decades of advancing "peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights".'

I agree, well done us.
Morgan Woods - on 12 Oct 2012
Chris the Tall - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:
Congratulations to Germany for going 67 years without starting a war, and for achieving it's goal of European domination through peaceful means
Rob Exile Ward on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Chris the Tall: Conratulations to Britain for going 67 years without starting a war ... oh, hang on a moment.
Tyler - on 12 Oct 2012

Aye, I guess it's beena bad year for peace. Not saying the EU doesn't do good work and advance the cause of international cooperation but I think awarding it this now smacks of desperation.
drmarten on 12 Oct 2012

I presume they thought a Nobel Prize for Economics would push the joke too far?
Robert Durran - on 12 Oct 2012

A good choice.

Whatever else you might think of it, the existence of the EU makes another european war after centuries of regular conflict almost unthinkable. To me this, in itself, justifies its existence.
richyfenn on 12 Oct 2012

Cool! When do I get my prize?
mkean - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:
Whatever else you might think of it, the existence of the EU makes another european war after centuries of regular conflict almost unthinkable.

Because no one can afford it? ;-)

Actually invading a European country seems a bit pointless when you can just wander across the border.
ads.ukclimbing.com
no_more_scotch_eggs - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Robert Durran:

i agree, and i'm surprised it hasn't been given the prize before now, given some of of the recent winners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.