/ Great deals at Climbing Walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ava Adore - on 12 Oct 2012
The new bouldering wall in Loughborough - the Climbing Station - has a deal whereby you get 12 sessions for the price of 10 with no time limit on when you use the "tickets". Great deal for someone like me who will use it regularly.

Found myself wishing that the Tower in Beaumont Leys did the same or something similar. Then realised that maybe they do but that they don't advertise it prominently.

Is it only new walls that take the trouble to prominently advertise their deals??
eltankos - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
I think the 25 quid a month unlimited at glasgow climbing centre is pretty damn good. Works for Xscape at braehead too,
Budge - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

Nottingham have offered books of 10 tickets which save about 1 a visit for years. The Beacon used to do the same and may still do.

Ava Adore - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to eltankos:

I think I prefer the "use anytime" schemes. There are months when I just can't get to the wall - injured, away, can't be arsed... etc
fred_stone - on 12 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: 10 entries for the price of 7 & no expiry date ever since we opened 4/5 years ago!
Ava Adore - on 15 Oct 2012
In reply to fred_stone:

Which wall are you?
Grumble - on 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: he runs the Biscuit factory, bermondsey, london
Ava Adore - on 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Grumble:

Ah. A tad far for me to travel. :-)
Graeme Alderson on 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: A lot of walls do some kind of 12 for 10 deals including us at The Works
anaesthetic on 15 Oct 2012
I miss the awesome walls loyalty cards, not great savings but I liked the occasional free tea & muffins :)
Benny 1664 - on 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Craggy Island used to do good offers like buy 10 get 2 free and buy 20 get 6 free but I went to buy some tonight and its changed to a pretty pathetic buy 10 for a certain amount and when I asked about what saving that offered I was shocked to be told it was only 50p off per climb which when added to a 12 annual registration fee (which is for what exactly?!) is nowhere near as good as before and will mean I look around other local walls next time.
battledroid - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to anaesthetic: There is still a very much active Awesome Walls loyalty system! I checked tonight and had racked up over a tenner to spend on food and drink! :)
In reply to Ava Adore:

How about this-

Available at Awesome Walls Liverpool, Stockport, Stoke and soon Sheffield.

Awesome Deals
Luxury Lunchtime 4 with a free hot drink 11.30 - 14:00 Monday to Friday
Student 555- 5.00 before 5pm 5 days a week Monday to Friday.
We now do passes for Students, Juniors, Couples and Families (week, month, 6 month & annual)
All members get 2p back in their pound on all spends not just entrance on our loyalty scheme!

Monthly offers here- http://www.awesomewalls.co.uk/offers/this-months-vouchers
Our Facebook 'offers' are regular.
All in all I think I think these are all Awesome deals (but I would!).

Dave D
http://www.awesomewalls.co.uk
All deals can be changed, altered or stopped without prior notice but we'll do our best to please!
abarro81 - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:

Foundry student annual membership: 220. Let's assume 8 weeks holiday (PhD not normal student), that means 5 per week I'm in Sheffield. Since I go there on average 3 times a week that's less than 1.70 per time. Pretty damn good deal!
winhill - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Dave Douglas:
> (In reply to Ava Adore)
>
> We now do passes for Students, Juniors, Couples

Couples is interesting, do you require any proof of coupledom? (Apart from same address?)

Otherwise it would just be 2 people living at the same address, I would have thought.
In reply to winhill:

For the couples pass we require passport, driving licence, three utility bills, a sworn witness statement and a full on kiss, NOT!

Like a lot of things, we take it on good trust but if it became apparent that people were abusing our trust then we'd have to tighten up.

In the DAV climbing wall Munich they offer a 300 reward for dopping people in who betray the good nature of the wall operators and the culprits get banned with there name and picture listed for all to see! (ok, I might have made that very last bit up!)

Dave D.
http://www.facebook.com/AwesomeRoutes
Kieran_John - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls:

I'm liking the awesome walls offers... fancy building one in Castleford? Sheffield is just that little bit too far :p
ripper - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Come to Warwick Climbing Club - our ickle wall might be just a scant 5m high but we only charge 2.75 to use it :)
Jenny C on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to abarro81: As you say, if you come twice a week the various full memberships are by far the best option.

The Foundry has also just introduced a 10for12 offer for adults.

Plus for 15/year you can save 1/visit off your entry fee - which currently means you pay student prices! :)

winhill - on 16 Oct 2012
> (In reply to Ava Adore)
>
> How about this-
>
> Available at Awesome Walls Liverpool, Stockport, Stoke and soon Sheffield.
in their pound on all spends not just entrance on our loyalty scheme!

soon Sheffield?

how's the progress? hoew soon is soon?
In reply to winhill:

Planning permission has been granted so we have the green light.

We're still looking at early March 2013 but as the plans and ideas grow this could be stretched a few more months.

All the latest will be published on our website http://www.awesomewalls.co.uk and on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AwesomeWallsSheffield

Thanks for asking,

Dave D.
anaesthetic on 17 Oct 2012

> All members get 2p back in their pound on all spends not just entrance on our loyalty scheme!

Thanks Dave, I stand corrected! No-one explained this when I switched to the new card, is it all recorded on cards? I'll have to see how much "credit" I have, could be quite a bit by now! I'be never been asked for my card when spending on refreshments though, how does that work?

The lunchtime deal sounds good, was planning for it today but the sun came out ;)
hazeysunshine - on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
My first visit to the Loughborough wall I went for the 12 for 10 deal too. During a break I got out a calculator and worked out that the 12 months for the price of 9 was an even better deal (maths 'O' level see?) so they let me switch. Even if I only went once a week it works out cheaper. (I think it was just an opening offer in Sept though, don't want to raise hopes to no avail)
ashley1_scott - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Benny 1664:
Just checked Craggy Islands website, and yes if you pay the annual membership then you don't make a saving 12.50 plus the 82.50 for 10 entries when normal entry is 8.75. However you haven't accounted for the fact that you don't actually have to have the annual membership, in fact annual membership alone saves you 2.25 per visit. As none members entry is 11.
So if you buy the 10 at 82 you are saving 28 which accounts for two free sessions.
However the best deal is if you do DD at 42 a month, this gives you unlimited access to both centres, you don't pay the annual fee, you also save 10% on courses run by Craggy, and 10% off of Epic Adventures (Gaz Parry), Rock and Sun, Mountain goat adventures, Burgundy Villas and Climb Magazine.
Big Steve - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Dave Douglas: Awesome Walls: can you build one in milton keynes next?
wilkie14c - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
A bit of a 'hidden' offer here but one I've found to be very good value:
Blackpool - The purpose built, outside climbing towers that offer a varity of climbing inc dry tooling. The fairly new inside lead wall at the sports centre and the fully matted bouldering room. - 30 per month for unlitited use of all 3 facilities or 56 pm for a joint membership. Why is it hidden? Here's the rub - Join the council run gym here in Blackpool for those prices above and you get unlimited use of 3 gyms inc as many classes as you want (combat, spinning etc) unlimited swimming at 2 pools and the climbing thrown in. Less than a pound a day per person for all of that really takes some beating.
ads.ukclimbing.com
david billington - on 27 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Birmingham bouldering centre are offering 4 a climb during November.
All you do is like us on Facebook print off the voucher, pop down and register. Every visit in November will then be 4.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.