Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - insulating fabric?

gingerkate - on 12 Oct 2012
Is there a rating system for how insulating an insulating fabric is? Any websites that list most insulating fabrics?

I'm not actually wanting to insulate a human, I want to insulate my windows. I was going to buy regular 'thermal' curtain lining fabric, but when I read the description, and total lack of insulation spec, I started wondering just how insulating it is... I suspect not very at all really. So I started thinking about what's really insulating ... thought of neoprene. Thought neoprene curtains might be rather funky... then I thought of oven gloves... which may or may not have a layer of mylar in them... on the way I've read of whole heap of stuff about reflective sheeting you drape all round your cannabis grow room to keep the plants really well lit... but nowhere have I found a comparative rating system which tells me what's the best insulator.

I don't want any old insulating curtains. I want as high spec as I can make insulating curtains. Neoprene sandwiched with mylar maybe.

Any ideas? Any info?
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums