UKC

8b+ at 60!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
silo 13 Oct 2012
This might have been posted before.

Novato Marín en Géminis 8b+ - Rodellar
vimeo.com
Novato Marín es un escalador catalán de 60 años que logrado encadenar 8b+ (Géminis-Rodellar) el pasado 24 de septiembre. En este video le hemos hecho una breve entrevista….
Removed User 13 Oct 2012
In reply to silo:

I think this is the link he is after

vimeo.com/51155608
 HB1 13 Oct 2012
In reply to silo: am I (aged 65) supposed to feel better after seeing this? I think not
silo 13 Oct 2012
In reply to HB1:
> (In reply to silo) am I (aged 65) supposed to feel better after seeing this? I think not

I was chatting to a mate and he recons It's like a 60 year old running a 4 minute mile.
 The New NickB 13 Oct 2012
In reply to silo:
> (In reply to HB1)
> [...]
>
> I was chatting to a mate and he recons It's like a 60 year old running a 4 minute mile.

As impressive as it is, your mate is wrong. The age group world record for a 60 year old running a mile is 4:51, like climbing harder grades, running faster is something of an expedential thing.
 Bulls Crack 13 Oct 2012
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to silo)
> [...]
>
like climbing harder grades, running faster is something of an expedential thing.

Is that a pun?
silo 13 Oct 2012
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to silo)
> [...]
>
> As impressive as it is, your mate is wrong. The age group world record for a 60 year old running a mile is 4:51, like climbing harder grades, running faster is something of an expedential thing.

There's is a big difference between 4 mins and 4.51.Ive not seen any other 60 year old climbers climbing 8b+.
 The New NickB 13 Oct 2012
In reply to silo:

There are quite a few climbing 8a, 8a+ though, I would suggest that the difference between a 5:10 mile and a 4:00 is much greater than between 8a and 8b+
 lithos 13 Oct 2012
In reply to silo:

come back in 10 years when haston can drop a few from his 9a at 50

good effort mind

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...