UKC

Downturned shoes with low volume heels

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jeremyingham 13 Oct 2012
After wearing out my beloved Dragons I need a new pair of downturned shoes. I loved the Dragons but found the heel to have too much dead space, it would even slip off when heel hooking sometimes.

Has anyone tried a pair of shoes with lower volume heels?

I would be grateful for any advice.
 Keendan 13 Oct 2012
In reply to jeremyingham:

Personally I've found my Scarpa Vapours to fit the bill. The Instints look good too. The rubber possibly not as grippy as your 5.10s
 Eagle River 13 Oct 2012

I've got both the Vapours and Instincts and whilst the Vapours look down turned to start with I found they quickly become pretty flat (but comfortable and last much longer than other boots I've had).

I really rate the instincts, they're a bit downturned without being painful. I usually need lower volume shoes so they could be what you're after. Other suggestions would be La sportiva solutions or Evoov Shamans but I've not any personal experience of those.
 joe.91 13 Oct 2012
In reply to jeremyingham: Try the 5.10 Quantum's, very similar to fit to Dragons but lower volume. Read Greg Chapman's review on info.rockrun.com for them. Although it does have the Anasazi heel which some people don't like.

The La Sportiva Solutions are a low volume shoe but don't have a low volume heel as I have both 5.10 Teams as Solutions and the heel fit me heel the same (Team heel is very volume similar to dragon).
 SGD 13 Oct 2012
In reply to jeremyingham: Try the 5/10 quantums. I was amazed by the fit to be honest. I have no dead space at all compared with my greens and velcro lv's (slight amount in the heel)
 whenry 13 Oct 2012

I've had similar problems with Scarpa Rockettes - I had a session in Scarpa Boostic's today and found the heel nice and tight - they're decent shoes and definitely going to be my next buy.

Anoetic 14 Oct 2012
In reply to jeremyingham: Hi, i need a low volume heel and use La Sportiva's Miura VS, or for something more downturned the Edelrid Ravens (similar to solutions)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...