UKC

Bike Bags for Travel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wallacerocks 15 Oct 2012
Hello,

I was after some advice about Bike Bags. I need one for 3 weeks in Nov to get my road bike "safely" to the USA.

Does anyone have experience in such things, or advice, makes models, padding etc.

Thanks
Chris
 Reach>Talent 15 Oct 2012
In reply to wallacerocks:
Where abouts are you? I've got an On-one wheeled bag in need of a new home.

Looks like this:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p31/twonks_photos/bag-1.jpg
http://www.findyourflow.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/howtopackyourbi...
 robal 15 Oct 2012
In reply to wallacerocks: hello, I used a bike pod to take my bike to Canada. it worked a treat no damage, who are you flying with? are you taking an additional bag?

the reason I ask is because I flew with transat, came in under the 23kg limit with bike, bag and clothes for 2 weeks (wifes family lives there and I have a stash of clothes there), they asked me if there was a bike in my bag, I said yes and so they wanted to charge me for bringing a bike on board, I was a little annoyed, I spoke with the manager on the day that said if I had denied that there was a bike in the bag, the bike pod leaves nothing to the imagination as to what's in it, then they would have asked me to open it. however I went to town on shopping for climbing bits clothes etc and then on the way back checked my bike plus my suitcase, it cost me £20 each way.

annoying but check with the airline so you know where you stand.

the manager acted like a complete tool and treated me like a child, I appreciate he probably has to deal with irate and annoyed people all the time but I have since switched to flying air canada, we go to canada on a regular basis and do want to be treated badly!
OP wallacerocks 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: Hi, I'm based in the Sheffield area, where are you?
In reply to robal:

£20 each way with Air Transat to Canada sounds good value compared to rates charged on 'low cost' airlines in Europe!

Thinking of taking my carbon steed next summer.
In reply to robal:
>
> the manager acted like a complete tool and treated me like a child, I appreciate he probably has to deal with irate and annoyed people all the time but I have since switched to flying air canada, we go to canada on a regular basis and do want to be treated badly!

You do?? Whatever you're into mate...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...