UKC

San Vito - Sicily - Slabs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 15 Oct 2012
Got the Guide Book and heading out there on Saturday for 2 weeks...can't wait

Are there any slabby sectors with some technical slab climbs? Or is it all steep and vertical....difficult to tell from the topos in the guide.

jimtitt 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Plenty of steepish technical slabby potential under Monte Monaco, you´ll have to bolt it yourself though! The rest tends to be overhanging technical slabs, it´s coastal limestone after all.
In reply to Sl@te Head: all the dwarfs are slabs!
OP Sl@te Head 15 Oct 2012
In reply to jimtitt: Thanks Jim.....are you still out there? Would be good to meet up..I owe you a beer after your kind donation of Bolts for 'The Rock Bottom Line' in Twll Mawr!

Was also going to ask for wet weather options i.e sectors that stay dry in the rain + other non climbing things to do if it's wet?
 jimtitt 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Sl@te Head:
I´m been enjoying the delights of a somewhat autumnal Frankenjura this weekend I´m afraid but Scott was/is out there no doubt working Ondra´s new line as we write!
Most of the big grotto´s stay dry apart from inevitable seep after loads of rain though that´s normally not a problem after the summer, it´s finding the cave where the wind isn´t howling is more the trick. The rain there is usually combined with a F8 gale but only for a day (maybe 2) generally. On wet days we go bolting or exploring new cliffs anyway but others go touristing to Palermo and Erice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...