UKC

Alpine Attack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
muFF1n 16 Oct 2012
Hi!

Do you have extensive experiences with Lowe's Alpine Attack rucksack
carrying various types of skis, bindings, poles and tools?
I do have a similar system on my current and it looses over time.
(I use Dynafit and fixed step-in bindings only.)
Does this also happen with the Alpine Attack?
And do you know where they are manufactured?

Thank you very much ...
matejn 16 Oct 2012
In reply to muFF1n:
I donĀ“t have extensive experiences with this pack, as I just bought it this spring and I plan to use it as my winter climbing pack. Wher I can help you, is with the country of origin - Vietnam.
muFF1n 19 Oct 2012
In reply to matejn: oh, thanks!
please post as soon as you get some experiences with skis on it,
thanks again!
 thedatastream 19 Oct 2012
I've got a Peak Attack 45:55 and I love it. It does everything from summer walking to winter climbing to multi day backpacking/camping in relative comfort.

Holds my technical ice axes well using the headlocker attachment. My mountaineering axe (Grivel Munro) doesn't have a head hole big enough for the headlocker so I either use the split strap attached to the headlocker (can stick out at an angle a bit) or just shove it down the compression straps (this mostly). Poles shove down the compression straps well also. Never had any issue with the compression straps loosening over time. Never used it with skis though so am unable to comment.
muFF1n 20 Oct 2012
In reply to thedatastream: sounds good thanks, not sure about the Vietnam thing, but well, all big brands let produce their gear for alpine where noone knows what alpine is ...
muFF1n 20 Oct 2012
In reply to muFF1n: just wanted to add that I'm not sure about east asian stuff because of repairs ...
 thedatastream 20 Oct 2012
Hey if you never bought anything that was made in the far east then you'd not have much choice I reckon

I've always bought Lowe Alpine for the comfort and the build quality. My 35 litre walking sack is 12 years old and still going strong
muFF1n 20 Oct 2012
In reply to thedatastream:
> Hey if you never bought anything that was made in the far east then you'd not have much choice I reckon

Sad, but true ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...