UKC

Endurance training (4x4s etc) with three?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robthered 16 Oct 2012
Hi All,

As above really. Trying to introduce some focus to the weekly trip to the wall with pals rather than 'just climbing'.

I'm keen (i.e. really need...) to increase endurance and am want to suggest including 4x4s in the session - problem is that there are three of us.

So, will three people doing it mean too much recovery time to make 4x4s worth it? Could we set the grades a notch higher to mitigate that?

Anyone got any other good training suggestions for a three to get round the larger amount of rest time/reduced amount of time climbing?

Cheers

Rob
 Kieran_John 16 Oct 2012
In reply to robthered:

We had three people on a recent trip to The Leeds Wall. In the downtime I just thorougly abused the auto-belay. If you've got access to one it could at least keep you busy.
OP robthered 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Kieran_John:

Unfortunately not. I was figuring the pattern could go - 4 routes, belay (rest), low grade bouldering and repeat x 4?

Any better/more specific suggestions for the 'inbetween' slot?
 TimB 16 Oct 2012
In reply to robthered:

Can't you do bouldering 4x4s and have two people climbing while one rests?

As long as the two climbing are doing problems that don't cross over then you keep the climbing time == rest time about right.
 Tyler 16 Oct 2012
In reply to robthered:

Not sure why you are so wedded to the idea of 4x4s, why not just take it in turns if it is impractical (and up the intensity if rest are longer than normal).
 Kieran_John 16 Oct 2012
In reply to robthered:

Obvious suggestion...try and find a 4th on here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...