/ Economical travel to Font.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andy16 - on 16 Oct 2012
Probably been brought up before on here but what is the cheapest way you have made a trip to Font including fuel, food, sleeping arrangements?
Bulls Crack - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:

Passenger ferry and hitching presumably?
andy16 - on 16 Oct 2012
In reply to Bulls Crack:

have you made it that way though? I was just wondering how people manage to keep the price down.
Hewitt - on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16: I would also love to find a really cheap way to do font.. I'd love t go but find a week in turkey cheaper than a weekend in font
Ramblin dave - on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:
We did it earlier this year by car + tunnel. Did about three days for 110 per head - 70 each on fuel, motorway charges and tunnel plus 40 each for food, wine, camping, and a stopover in a cheap motel on the way down.

Ask around on here or at your local wall if you can't get a car full.
lukehodson on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to Hewitt:
> (In reply to andy16) I would also love to find a really cheap way to do font.. I'd love t go but find a week in turkey cheaper than a weekend in font

wtf? Are you flying to font by helicopter and renting a room in the palace?
Bulls Crack - on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:
> (In reply to Bulls Crack)
>
> have you made it that way though? I was just wondering how people manage to keep the price down.

No but gave a climber a lift back through the tunnel from Font

My cheapest trip there was as paid conference attenddee in the Palace so all fares and accomodation paid for!
Mike Lewis - on 17 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16: A few years back I did London-Paris for 3 with Megabus, then got a train down to Font. I think someone commented at the time: "There's being a cheap Northern bastard, and then there's taking things too far".
Bertbee - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Mike Lewis:

I did this earlier this year - 8 return on the megabus, something like 8 to Font.

Beware - if you don't manage to catch a lift from Font town, you'll blow the rest of your budget on a taxi!
Bruce Hooker - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to Bertbee:

From the town you can walk to quite a few climbing areas.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Trangia - on 18 Oct 2012
In reply to andy16:

Boulder bus? Or share a car between 4?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.