Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Personal website-suggestions

Richard Popp - on 17 Oct 2012
Hi, opinions sought. I am a free lance consultant working mainly in the drug and alcohol field but also across social care in general. I have operated at policy/operational and strategic levels. I am realtively new to working for myself and this has interrupted by having a serious illness. I have had some nice big peices of work this year form organisations and from local government, all this has been word of mouth and door knocking. I would like to develop a web prescence to try and generate more work and potentially diferent types of work (though all in same/similar field) As far as I can see I have two options-pay someone to design/build a website or do that myself using Wordpress.

I do want to keep it simple and be able to "manage" it myself, it obviously needs to have my basic details but I would also like to be able to "publish" comment peices (with room for responses) and put up links to news and older peices of work (from anywhere) I feel are intresting or relevant. This is because a)I feel I have something to say and b) to drive traffic (what ever that means) I know from my own use of the net as a research tool and resource material what i think makes a site work, this is mainly about it being up to date and not involving too much searching within it.

A good friend works in computers though and can put me in touch with some web designers he rates, I do however quite like the idea of Wordpress mainly because if I set it up I will be more likely to be competent in keeping it live and up to date.

So any experiences, thoughts or alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Rich
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums