Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Yosemite in November?

jhw - on 18 Oct 2012
It appears I am to be in Northern California from November 21-28, with time to kill after Thanksgiving, likely from November 24-27 inclusive. I will have a car.

I've been looking into the climbing options, posting on here trying to dig out a partner, etc. Does anyone have any tips? It looks like the Tuolomne Meadows access road is likely to be closed that late which is a shame as it would be a pretty great place to introduce my brother to climbing...is Yosemite also likely to be closed/snowed off or am I in with a chance, and if so can anyone recommend any areas where I can take my brother, about HS-4c level I suppose, with top-roping options for the first morning and single-pitch options for the first afternoon?

Is this idea a non-starter and if so does anyone have any ideas generally for how to kill 4 days in Northern California with a car, in November.

I mountain bike.

Cheers

Jack

... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums