UKC

Movember! Please help!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 wibb20 18 Oct 2012
Ladies and gents,

It's Movember and time to make a difference.

Men’s health is a cause I am passionate about but in order to make a difference I need your help. My commitment was to grow a moustache for the month of November and in doing so, raise vital awareness and funds for men's health including prostate and testicular cancer. Sadly, just 7 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and as a result of the chemotherapy, I can't grow a Mo this year, so instead I will be painting/wearing a different Mo on each day of the month.

I am asking you to help support my personal journey by making a donation. The size of which isn’t important, every little contribution helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programmes. If you want to know more about what you’ll be helping to fund, you can visit Movember's Program Overview page. Of course, you are welcome to join my band of hairy men (and women) and grow a Mo - in fact the MOre the merrier. My team's name is Team Timmy-Tash - follow the link below, and you can sign up, and spread the hairy love!

To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
• 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
• This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
• 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years

If you’d like to help change these statistics, please donate to me by:
• Donating online at: http://mobro.co/teamtimmytash
• Writing a cheque payable to 'Movember', referencing my Registration ID: 2912973 and mailing it to: Movember Europe PO Box 68600 London EC1P 1EF

If you’re interested, here’s a video that will help you better understand the type of programmess you’ll be helping to fund by making a donation. Insert GAP clip.

Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men's health
OP wibb20 25 Oct 2012
In reply to wibb20: No UKC members doing Movember or wanting to support such a cause? :O
 Caralynh 25 Oct 2012
In reply to wibb20:

All the blokes at our ambulance station do it every year, so yes, supporting!
 The Lemming 30 Nov 2012
In reply to wibb20:

Just shaved mine off today. Does that make me a wimp?

I'm never, ever, ever doing that again but hopefully we will have made a few spondoolies at work.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...