UKC

Thumbs Up For Alpkit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 avayaman 19 Oct 2012
Quick post to say cheers to Alpkit for promptly sorting my Gamma headtorch- battery lid broke, spoke to AK and they posted a replacement out the next day.
Cant really ask for better service than that.
I know AK get a lot of positive feedback but i thought it was my turn.
I've bought quite a bit of their gear(jacket,sleeping bags, jean etc) and can't rate them highly enough.

s.scott 19 Oct 2012
In reply to avayaman:

Good kit, just never in stock.
 iksander 19 Oct 2012
In reply to avayaman: Agreed but would be nice if they didn't break in the first place
Alpnick 19 Oct 2012
In reply to s.scott:

In reply to all:

I guess we like to think that we have "Sold Out" of something rather than never in stock. I know we have had the reputation in the past for not having enough stock but this year i'd like to think we had most items in stock for most of the time.

We have looked at many solutions and could of course just buy more stock, but i'd rather sell out occasionally then have a warehouse full of dead stock.

Cheers, have a good weekend.

Nick
Paul F 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Alpnick:

I think I've been waiting for Drydock bags to be back in stock for about 18+ months now.
 angry pirate 19 Oct 2012
In reply to avayaman:
Amen to that!
I had the same issue with my gamma and was sorted very quickly. Would it have been better if it hadn't broken? Obviously, but meh, it's a twelve quid headtorch that Alpkit are treating like a much more expensive model with their aftercare.

On a side note, I'm over the moon with the Gourdon 20 I picked up recently. Now my go to pack for indoor walling, day trips, dragging wet wipes and spare kecks for my three year old. Saw it, liked it, ummed and arred till it sold out. Didn't make the same mistake on restock and good job too as it had sold out in days!

IIRC, the holdalls have never actually been instock. I've had an eye on one for ages.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...