/ Bangor to Llanberis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hans - on 19 Oct 2012
Hi

I'm arriving very late into Bangor train station on Saturday (around midnight), and have to get to Llanberis. Any good routes, preferably not on roads?
cheers
H.
Mike Peacock on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Hans: Walking or cycling?

Best bet is over Bangor Mountain on the minor roads via Minffordd and through Waen-Wen to Pentir. Cross the main road and head SW on another little road, straight across the main road past Pen Dinas and down to Penisarwaun and Bryn Refail. From there is a lakeside cycle path along Llyn Padarn.
IainRUK - on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Mike Peacock: yeah, its a pretty illogical route.. I bike it sometimes but normally just stick to the main roads..
Hans - on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Hans: Cheers guys, looks good. I'm walking, not cycling so it may take a while.

Much appreciated

H.
Mike Peacock on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to IainRUK: Yep, the main roads are fastest on a bike I find, especially when coming in to Bangor.

To the OP. Another option from Bryn Refail is to walk along the north side of Llyn Padarn following the tourist railway tracks. If the moon is up you'd get good views from that side, whereas the cycle track is very enclosed by woodland.
ads.ukclimbing.com
IainRUK - on 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Mike Peacock: You could head direct from the St out onto Bangor mountain, head along the back roads to minfordd and glasinfryn then head over Moel y Ci to Deiniolen and drop into llanberis.. it'd be longer but much nicer..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.