UKC

Accommodation in Morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HB-Pencil 21 Oct 2012
My partner and I are off to Morocco for a wee climbing holiday.

I was wondering if there is anyone who could possibly recommend some places to stay while were there?

Looking for somewhere nice but not to pricey and all that.

Thanks in advance.
 Jubjab 21 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil: It's a big country. Where exactly are you heading?
silo 21 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil: Cafe Rueda Akchour I plan to go in Jan ,It looks amazing!If you go it would be great if you pass me topo details...

thanks
silo 21 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil: Apparently the topo is in the cafe
OP HB-Pencil 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Jubjab:

Thinking Tafroute area, although will be flying into Marrakech and will have a car.
 Ron Kenyon 22 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil:

In Tafraoute - there is the Amandiers which seems to weigh in at about £28 per day. We stayed at Hotel Salama about seven years ago and Hotel Tafraoute the year before which were much cheaper.

Over the hill is Kasbah Tizourgane - this in the new guide Morocco Rock by Paul Donnithorne and Emma Elsford also guide by Oxford university.

Ron
 john ryden 22 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil:
Try this spot
http://www.yamina-tafraout.com/
We stopped a couple of years ago, nice spot right under the Lion Face crags. Out of town but with a car fine. B&B+evening meal was about £15 a night each, so not cheap for Morocco but food was great! Dead comfy & no pressure.
Bloody long drive from Marrakech!!!
If you need a spot in Marrakech Hotel Gallia has always done us proud & you can get a car to the front door
 hazeysunshine 23 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil:
We've stayed a couple of times here http://www.latetedulion.com/
B&B 15 Euros each in a twin room. Excellent home cooked evening meals extra
donners 26 Oct 2012
In reply to HB-Pencil: Malika always looks after us really well-tizourganekasbah@yahoo.fr
Its really close to, and has great views from the roof terrace, of the climbing on the north side of The Anti-Atlas. The new 'Morocco Rock' guide has details of 1000 routes on the north side.
If climbing on the south side, The Argana Guesthouse (owned by Mustafa) is a good alternative-infos.argana@gmx.com
OP HB-Pencil 06 Nov 2012
Thank you everyone, this has been a great help.
We've often done Tafraoute from Marrakech and it's no problem, specially since the new motorway to Agadir was opened. As mentioned above, there are a handful of places outside of Tafraoute, but loads of options in Tafraoute itself, so you can more or less guarantee finding something to suit the budget. Tafraoute also has the benefit of shops / petrol / restaurants / internet etc.
Hotel Les Amandiers is the main hotel where climbers have been staying since Joe Brown Chris Bonington, and others developed the place in the 1990s. You can get 25% online booking at http://www.climb-tafraoute.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...