ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Right Angle – Video + Best HS in the UK?

BALD EAGLE - on 22 Oct 2012
Morning all
Having recently got back from a climbing trip to West Penwith in Cornwall, I had the pleasure of a repeat-offence climb after a 10 year gap of the 'Connoisseur's Classic Rock' route called “Right Angle” at Gurnard’s Head. Described by Rockfax and UKC as “a true classic of its grade, which follows an almost unbelievable path into, and out of territory that looks as though it should be reserved for far more extreme climbs”. In terms of setting, position and quality of climbing this route is surely a contender for the best Hard Severe in the country. Unless you think otherwise?
So has anyone else out there got fond memories when reminiscing about their adventures on this fantastic route or even have an epic tale of derring-do to tell? I took a wee splash from a wave but did you take a full on dunking? An après-climb beverage or celebratory meal in the Gurnard’s Head Inn?
Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this memorable climb then please use the following link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwmxEDgbqAY&feature=plcp
If you wish to sample the full High Def experience and your computer has enough va va voom, you should be able to change the "Quality" icon to at least 720p HD in the bottom right hand corner on the You Tube screen. All constructive feedback welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to get on this great route!
Cheers Dave
... not showing 44 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums