Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - First aid instructor/provider as a job

Denni on 22 Oct 2012
Hi folks,
I am a stay at home dad and will be for at least the next 5-6 years, dependant on how many children we have.

I'd like to get myself doing something as my brain has turned to mush and I have thought about getting into the first aid teaching/training malarkey. I am very experienced in first aid teaching through the Military (no civilian first aid quals, just the requisite military courses) but am not current and of course civvy strasse is a different ball game entirely.

Could anyone out there give me advice on where to start, what the basic quals would be required (or rather what quals you have), if you find it is too competitive, is there enough work etc etc.

I intend to go off to St Johns ambulance to help out and take it from there with the idea of trying to network and do it part time fitting round my dad duties and my other halfs Navy career. Probably basic adult/paed first aid, first aid at work and a defib course but anything else that people suggest would help employment (CRB I imagine as well?) would also be welcomed.

Loads of questions so apologies for that but any help would be appreciated.
Den
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums