UKC

2020 Olympics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MunkeeBen 23 Oct 2012
Just a quick one y'all:

Sports Pro Media are hosting a poll on which new sport should make it into the olympics.

To vote for sport climbing... and knock roller-sports off the top spot, would you take a few seconds to go to:

http://goo.gl/vv8op
(had to use a shorteneer because the forums wouldnt accept a full length url)

No registration required!

Cheers
 Doug 23 Oct 2012
In reply to MunkeeBen: see http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=524212&v=1#x7060968

Seems most are quite happy for roller sports to be top
MunkeeBen 23 Oct 2012
just because they're the majority, doesnt mean they're right
mountainmadness 23 Oct 2012
In reply to MunkeeBen:

But if it's a vote - then majority rules.

If people want to take things to a vote, then they have to accept the outcome, regardless.
 EeeByGum 23 Oct 2012
In reply to MunkeeBen: Why do you want a really boring sport like climbing to feature in the Olympics? To say nothing of the increased interest it would generate and the detrimental pressure that would place on popular crags and bouldering areas?
 AJM 23 Oct 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

> Why do you want a really boring sport like climbing to feature in the Olympics?

The one time I've watched proper comp climbing its been anything but boring, as it goes. It's a world apart from watching ledge shuffly trad ascents!

The slightly weird comments referenced on the other thread aside, I think increasing the amount that climbing is seen as a sport would be a good thing in terms of the quality of training facilities and the approach to and knowledge of training and coaching. It would help those of us who want to push our own limits to better do so.

SFM 23 Oct 2012
In reply to MunkeeBen:

Thanks for the heads up. Voted for squash.
 deepsoup 23 Oct 2012
In reply to SFM:
Me too. I'm surprised its doing so badly in the poll.
 Ava Adore 23 Oct 2012
In reply to MunkeeBen:

Done. Roller sports? Pah.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...