UKC

MTB in Morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jacek 23 Oct 2012
Can anyone share some details?

How to find good riding without hiring a guide?

Cheers
ezbee 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek: its very difficult im afraid. I travelled there some years ago and intended to do alot of biking. However it was difficult due to the lack of dtailed maps available.I prettymuch found no good singletrack just loads of piste/gravel road .However it was very beautifull and the people were ace.
 Ally Smith 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek: I went this spring with a guide. Google Freeride Morocco. They've spent a long time searching out the best singletrack in the Imlil and surrounding areas.
 lost1977 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek:

just dropped a message to a someone i know who runs a trek and cycle company in Morocco for some advice
 Frank4short 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek: Some good stuff here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?search=morocco&advanced=1&... I've looked into it a couple of times but was never able to get both the funds and time together at the same time to do it.
 cousin nick 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek:

I'm over there in 2 weeks time (trekking not MTBing). Will report back if I find any info.

N
aligibb 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek:

I went a few years ago and after an admittedly not very exhaustive search for a DIY route/loop gave in and booked a week with exodus. We did an around mt toukbal loop out of Marrakech. I'd never done an organisedy trip before and was a bit turn my nose up at it and it was brilliant!

In terms of logistics / sensitivity to the local villagers whose homes we travelled through / meeting a few pretty keen MTBers who had flown from California and all over the UK and had alot of experience it was a very pleasant surprise what an enjoyable week it was. With a few days eating fish by the sea after in Essaouira it made for a really good trip.

Its an ace country to bike / travel in and well worth the effort. Tip, don't get a massage in a hamman any time before the ride as you won't have much skin left on your back which gets a bit uncomfy!
 lost1977 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek:

just got a message back from my friend

"Can you let me know what time of the year because you know the seasons change dramatically depending on when and where you are. We have found some excellent trails in the last 2 years both in the Atlas and also in the south. There is also an excellent trail we found in The Rif just a few weeks ago when we took the Landrover around that area for a few days trail spotting"
OP Jacek 26 Oct 2012
In reply to lost1977:
I'll be there in the winter January, February.
thanks
 lost1977 27 Oct 2012
In reply to Jacek:

i've dropped him a message saying which months just waiting for a reply

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...