UKC

Game of Thrones incidental music

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sarah G 24 Oct 2012
Wow, the music for the opeing credits is great. I can't actually watch the programme, a bit creepy and violent for my taste, but of the little I have seen it is beautifully shot.

Have a peep at the opening theme here;

youtube.com/watch?v=iN8PKcNGcuI&

Enjoy!

Sxx
PixieNinja 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Sarah G:
love Game of thrones! and even more so the books its based on.
 freerangecat 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Sarah G:

My brother and his fiance like it so much they want it played at their wedding next year. Unfortunately I'm 1/3 of the string trio that had to find/arrange a suitable version and play it! Having read the first book and part of the second (gave up in the end) I wouldn't choose it as the theme for my wedding, but I agree it is nice music. The wedding invitation was a Magic The Gathering card, so I 'm guessing it's going to be a bit 'different' anyway!

Cat
In reply to Sarah G: It is great - one of the few TV opening sequences I watch each time, instead of fast forwarding to the start of the episode
Sarah G 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:
I see a mate of mine on mondays, and as she always watches this programme, we watch the opening sequence then it's my cue to leave! The glowy-eyed zombies did it for me in the first episode, and the cutting off of the horse's head did it for me the other week. It's not the gore- just the general creepiness and violence. Otherwise it looks really, really good.

Sxx
PixieNinja 24 Oct 2012
In reply to Sarah G:
Its a shame that it creeps you out, because there is a lot more to the series but you really can't get away from the violence in it (or the gratuitous sex scenes)
 muttley_109 24 Oct 2012
In reply to PixieNinja:
> (In reply to Sarah G)
> love Game of thrones! and even more so the books its based on.

Do you know the character Ramsey the Bastard from the books? A good friend of mine is playing him in the next series. According to him Mr Bastard is a bit of an 'orrible bloke.
Not long ag he had to fly to ireland to practice peeling the skin off a prosthetic finger then fly home again.
In reply to PixieNinja: The early books are BRILLIANT, but I stopped reading at Storm of Swords (part II). It was already getting waffly and less and less was happening with each chapter, and I understand it just gets worse from there on in... ?

I don't want to struggle on to book 10 and get more and more bored, ala Robert Jordan and 'The Wheel of Time'
PixieNinja 24 Oct 2012
In reply to muttley_109: Yea i know the character, i think he's in the middle books...possibly the later couple as well. He's not really a character I've paid much attention to (as yes he is a bastard) and does also enjoy a good flaying.
So jealous of your friend! both for the being part of it and also awesome scenery. Nearly applied for a storyboard artist job for it but had only just started reading the books.

@ Nick- I would agree that book 3 is slow, although i still enjoyed it they are probably my least favorite of the series. I really enjoyed 4 and 5 if you can cope with the story being told geographically rather than chronologically.

I have never read any of the wheel of time- big series to try to get into. although i have heard that Brendan Sanderson did a good job with it, and i rate him as a writer.
 Morgan Woods 25 Oct 2012
In reply to Sarah G:

you know you've made it when there's a Lego version:

youtube.com/watch?v=cAnsW06v5t4&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...