UKC

Theft from The works dry tooling crag.! Beware!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Peter Holder 24 Oct 2012
I left 4 of my quickdraws on a couple of routes (time and a half and bloodline) yesterday, went back this evening to find they had been nicked.

This not the first time draws have been taken from routes here.

Please don't take insitu draws! they have been left for a purpose.

Pete

cliff shasby 25 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter: i take it the staic rope that i left is still there..?
 Camm 25 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:
I was just looking up this crag today! Fother Muckers
 muppetfilter 25 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter: If someone is unbolting loweroffs to steal then sadly loose draws have no chance.
OP Peter Holder 25 Oct 2012
In reply to muppetfilter: Good Point! I remember the times you could trust climbers.
 maybe_si 25 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:

why were your draws in bloodline? It should be fully equipped with dmm draws? Dont tell me these are gone now?!
 Lew13 25 Oct 2012
In reply to maybe_si:

First two of bloodline got nicked and were replaced with another 2 draws ... which have now been nicked again.
 maybe_si 25 Oct 2012
In reply to Stewy12: what a bunch if c*nts, is everyrhing else still in place? Dmm clips in first blood, petzl clips in andys project and jumbled bag of tat in blood donor?
 Lew13 25 Oct 2012
In reply to maybe_si:

Everything else is still there.

They've obviously just taken what was in reach...scumbags!
 lukas richardo 25 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter: lucky you. Sadly it seems when something gets big it also gets nasty. True in climbing as in the rest of life. 'Oh isn't that a sweet little corner shop owned by caring, community mined people' > 'I hate tescos, they cudent give a toss about people and are only in it for themselves.'
paddy cave 26 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:

Hey Pete,

I have 2 draws I took out of the Time and a Half anchor on Wednesday, the way they were linked together I thought was an invite for trouble as the gates were cross loading. Let me know what to do with them.

There was none in Bloodline though? I purposely didn't equip the first 2 bolts on that as my draws were taken from them from the deck. I had left a couple of wire gates in there also which worked but they are also gone.

When you in next?

Paddy

petegunn 26 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:
Sorry to hear this, will defo be more vigilant. I left some of mine but they were still there when i returned. See you have done The Fang in the other quarry, is it just the start thats tricky?
OP Peter Holder 26 Oct 2012
In reply to paddy cave:
Hi Paddy, Thanks for replying.

The draws from 'time and a half' are my mates. I'm sure he will be happy to get them back.

I work in 'The Epicentre' Perhaps you could drop them in? (in in today, sat, sun, mon and tues)

Alternatively i'll be at the Works saturday evening, with a generator and 500w lights, with Adam Hocking and Matt Pycroft (hot aches) who is keen to take some shots.

Cheers

Pete
OP Peter Holder 26 Oct 2012
In reply to petegunn: The Fang has a strenuous start, (fig fours help)and a techy/balancy finish. really nice route using natural holds on the top section.
 Petarghh 26 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter: "Strenuous" is an understatement !
paddy cave 26 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:

Hey Pete,

Yeah, its a pity stuff is disappearing, hopefully no one will go to the trouble of taking a spanner to the insitu draws!!

The Fang is a great route, varied and good quality throughout, a very steep start gives way to some balancy moves to gain the groove to the top. The start isn't really technical and the moves are short, its just steep, the move over the short horizontal roof is probably the crux, it can be done without a fig4 but is probably easiest with?! The section after the roof to the groove is surprisingly tricky and more techy than it looks from the deck, once in the groove its steady to the top. I reckon its one of the best routes in the Works...

Other Pete (Epicenter), I'll try and duck in after work tomorrow, what time you heading in?

Cheers, Paddy
OP Peter Holder 27 Oct 2012
In reply to paddy cave: I should be there by 6.30pm
 Jack Loftus 30 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter: I want to play.....
 maybe_si 31 Oct 2012
In reply to james.peter:

will be up there today and tomorrow if anyone is about?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...