UKC

Corel PaintShop Pro X5

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 27 Oct 2012
Does anyone have any experience of this? I just need something cheap and SIMPLE to sharpen, stitch photos, and occasionally tinker with colours etc. It's $70... what do you think?
 pneame 27 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:
Photoshop Elements?
I've never been that impressed with Corel, although this may be entirely prejudice from their abandoning the Mac OS (partly because their last effort 10 years ago really stunk)

I'm no Adobe fanboy, but their software is pretty good and Elements is quite nice. And because it's pretty ubiquitous, googling will always get you help
OP jon 27 Oct 2012
In reply to pneame:

Yes, Chris C just suggested that to H. He added 'You will need to invest a little time too learning your way around it.' The reviews of the Corel say that it's easy to learn/use. I'm certainly open to suggestions - bear in mind though that I'm not very clever...
 The Lemming 27 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:

If you want free and legit then you thought of getting a gimp?
Free mask thrown in.

http://www.gimp.org/
 pneame 27 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:
Based on Amazon reviews, Corel looks a bit buggier that Elements, but then, the number of reviewers is larger for Corel, so that would likely be the case. Quite a lot more positivity for Elements, but then again the reviews of Corel suggest that it's pretty good....
I don't envy you!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:

I didn't mean THAT much time - just a bit to learn your way around!

Chris
OP jon 27 Oct 2012
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Is it in the same format as the CS3 thingy that was in my old deceased laptop? I was a little challenged by that...
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Oct 2012
In reply to jon:

It is a few years since I have used Elements but it certainly used to be a simpler format, designed to do easily the jobs that snappers need. It will do more 'high-end' stuff too but you won't need that - at least initially!

Chris
OP jon 27 Oct 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Well, I'd never heard of a gimp before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...