Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Budget waterproof jackets...?

OneLifeOneHeart - on 28 Oct 2012
I am very new to climbing (did only two days so far) and did a tour of various shops to find that I am not yet really able to afford the good jackets out there (in the GBP 250-400 range), not at this stage of my life where I just started earning my own money.

I kinda discussed with the store staff who explained in detail everything about climbing jacket (shell material, articulated armes/sleeves, abrasion-resistant, harness ergonomic etc), but still, I was wondering whether I should make a one-off good investment in a jacket that I will use forever, or spend less now, see how far and how often I will actually climb (am not 100% sure I will continue outdoor climbing, and may instead develop indoor which is more affordable for now).

Are there any brands or even non-brands you know of that have climbing jackets in the GBP 100-150 range?

And if I really must spend more than that, are there good jackets which I could use also in everyday life (in case I will not continue climbing so much)?

I would really appreciate your insights. I really like this activity, but am realizing it is slightly expensive for me.
... not showing 28 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums