/ Big cave in Gower, info please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ramon Marin - on 29 Oct 2012
I spent my first weekend in Gower, great climbing. I went exploring the cliffs east of Golden Wall (southgate) and found this cave with this massive almost horitzontal roof. The cave was really deep and it has a very impressive featureless roof. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of it. I don't think it's Bucketland or Bosco's Den. Any beta greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Ramon
Alun - on 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Ramon Marin:
Sounds like Bacon Hole. Climbing is banned there both for historical and for wildlife reasons, I think.

The other big cave around there is Minchin Hole, which has a couple of sport routes but access is also complicated (plus it doesn't sound like what you describe).
BenTiffin - on 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Alun: Agreed - sounds like Bacon Hole. It is the furthest East of all the obvious crags before you reach Hunts Bay (at the top of which is a Farm). Very impressive looking but no access.
Ramon Marin - on 30 Oct 2012
In reply to BenTiffin:

Yes I was checking the South Wales & Gower guidebook and it does sound like Bacon hole. Shame it's protected, it would be an amazing cave to climb. Oh well.
BoulderBus - on 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Ramon Marin:

I was always (back in the olden days when I used a rope) inspired by 'the divine guiding light' at giants cave, massive roof, exiting though a blowhole!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.