UKC

Big cave in Gower, info please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ramon Marin 29 Oct 2012
I spent my first weekend in Gower, great climbing. I went exploring the cliffs east of Golden Wall (southgate) and found this cave with this massive almost horitzontal roof. The cave was really deep and it has a very impressive featureless roof. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of it. I don't think it's Bucketland or Bosco's Den. Any beta greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Ramon
 Alun 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Ramon Marin:
Sounds like Bacon Hole. Climbing is banned there both for historical and for wildlife reasons, I think.

The other big cave around there is Minchin Hole, which has a couple of sport routes but access is also complicated (plus it doesn't sound like what you describe).
 BenTiffin 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Alun: Agreed - sounds like Bacon Hole. It is the furthest East of all the obvious crags before you reach Hunts Bay (at the top of which is a Farm). Very impressive looking but no access.
OP Ramon Marin 30 Oct 2012
In reply to BenTiffin:

Yes I was checking the South Wales & Gower guidebook and it does sound like Bacon hole. Shame it's protected, it would be an amazing cave to climb. Oh well.
 BoulderBus 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Ramon Marin:

I was always (back in the olden days when I used a rope) inspired by 'the divine guiding light' at giants cave, massive roof, exiting though a blowhole!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...