UKC

trango emes and crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stuart58 29 Oct 2012
Hi I have a pair of trango extremes and Im looking to buy a pair of b3 crampons that fit perfectly well. I have a pair BD bionics but they dont seem to be a eprfect fit. Any body with any suggestions would be useful
In reply to stuart58: I use Petzl Darts on Trango extremes and they fit very well.
 Needle Sports 30 Oct 2012
In reply to stuart58:

What size are your Extremes?
OP stuart58 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Needle Sports: 44's
 Needle Sports 01 Nov 2012
In reply to stuart58: Grivel G14s in a crampomatic fit very well, so G12s and Airtechs will also fit well in crampomatic. BD Stingers are OK but the heel posts are just a tad further forward than on the Grivels so the heel actually sits between them with no back stop - I'd go for Grivels myself.
OP stuart58 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Needle Sports: hi is it easy to convert the g14 gsb to normal.
 Needle Sports 01 Nov 2012
In reply to stuart58:
> (In reply to Needle Sports) hi is it easy to convert the g14 gsb to normal.

Not sure what you mean by normal. It is possible to convert them to Crampomatics - see: http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Winter-Climbing-Equipment/Crampons/Cr...
OP stuart58 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Needle Sports: are terminators a good fit
 Needle Sports 03 Nov 2012
In reply to stuart58:

No idea I'm afraid as DMM stopped making them some years ago and we don't have any. However they are not as comfy to walk in as a hinged crampon like the G14 and probably only warranted on pure ice climbs of V and above or buttress routes of a similar standard.
OP stuart58 06 Nov 2012
In reply to Needle Sports: can i ask you another question dorambos fit these i have a pair of the yellow trango ice the rambos didnt really fit that well.

thjats te rambos fitting to the extremes
 wupert 08 Nov 2012
In reply to Needle Sports: What do you reckon to the fit using New Matic style bindings, compared too Crampomatic? With the Extreme Evo's
 wupert 08 Nov 2012
In reply to rlc4: Sorry I meant Trango Extremes, as per the thread.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...