UKC

DMM New Fly Rests

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveshaking 30 Oct 2012
DMM have brought out the new Fly design with a lower rest in place and an optional upper rest. Anybody seen these bits for sale, I'm sure I am not alone in wondering if they are compatible with old Flys.
 Martin Wing 30 Oct 2012
In reply to steveshaking: My mate emailed DMM asking about compatibility, unfortunately they are not compatible.
OP steveshaking 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Martin Wing: what a shame.
gump 30 Oct 2012
In reply to steveshaking: Black diamond make them I put them on old flys brilliant and only a few quid
OP steveshaking 30 Oct 2012
In reply to gump: Which BD one? There is this chart http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Winter-Climbing-Equipment/Ice-Axes/Ic... which doesn't reckon on BD compatibility. Which worked for you, got a picture?
mook456 31 Oct 2012
In reply to steveshaking: I have just fitted my old flys with petzl trig rests for lower hand rest as recommended by a few people on here. They fit perfectly after cutting away a small amount of the rubber handle. Im really pleased with them and saves spending on the new model!
 Martin W 31 Oct 2012
OP steveshaking 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Martin W: Looks good, but I think thats actually an old style Griprest which aren't available any more, the newer Trigrest may have to be used but I don't think it will be as neat an option as your axe looks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...