HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Why not do the 3 peaks challenge?

mountainmadness on 31 Oct 2012

There's a fundraising team where I work that have decided to do the 3 peaks challenge (3pc). I'm aware that this is a sensitive topic due to various factors. Could you please help me formulate an arguement against this activity. My thoughts so far are:

1) The 3pc places serious strain on each of the mountains due to the number taking part;
2) Many residents local to each mountain are getting thoroughly pissed off at minibuses driving around at god-knows-what hour of the night, with accompanying noise and disruption;
4) There are piles of litter left at each car park;
5) The eco footprint of this activity is huge given the mileage covered;
6) There are much better challenges that could be arranged.

I did the challenge in the mid 80's, before it was fashionable, and it was quite possibly the most boring activity I have done. The only challenge was sitting in a car for 30 hours (incl. getting to and from the start/finish).

So, have I missed any pointers here?

Thanks in advance as I'll be away from my desk for the day so will pick this up again tonight.
... not showing 62 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums