Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alps 4000m peaks article

jthallen - on 31 Oct 2012
Just over a year ago I began researching the number of Brits who had done all the so-called 4000m peaks of the Alps for an article. I also discussed in the article the criteria for a 4000m peak (incl Blodig, Collomb, Moran, UIAA). Only 16 Brits stepped forward (self-certified) with the claim up to end March 2012.
I sent the article speculatively to the Alpine Journal and recently discovered that it will not be included in the 2012 issue. So I adapted it slightly (for Rucksack Club fans - E Thomas and B Cosby as completers and members of RC) and sent it to the RCJ Editor (I too am a member of the RC, and AC). He says the article will be in the next RCJ as 'Height is not Everything in the Alps' in about 3,700 words.
If anyone would like a copy of the article, I will e-mail a copy (text only, no photos) as a pdf attachment.
Has anyone completed this year 2012, thus adding to the 16 so far?
... not showing 34 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums