Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Hi All...

dazt2801 - on 31 Oct 2012
Hi All

My name is Darren and I am giving Climbing another go after first doing it in the Army 15 years ago. I have a few bad injuries in both my legs from the Army but I aint letting that hold me back anymore after I was close to the right one being amputated a few months back.

I am lucky in the fact that Plymouth has just had the life center built and has an absolutely cracking wall, which covers many different skill levels.

I have had a few initial sessions and working up to getting my safety test done so I can use the wall when ever I want. I am only doing indoor climbing initially until I get my confidence up as well as deciding on if my legs can take it at all.

Been asked many times before I expect, but what kit should I be aiming for initially. Obviously a decent pair of shoes and a decent harness, but is there anything else I could do with getting.

Many thanks for looking and thanks in advance.

Darren
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums