UKC

MOT in Leeds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 31 Oct 2012
My car is due for an MOT next month and I need a decent garage that's fair and not going to pick up on every tiny thing. Last time the Renault garage tried to do £700 of repairs which were found not to be needed after a second opinion!

Can anyone recommend somewhere good?

Thanks
James
 conorcussell 31 Oct 2012
In reply to James Malloch: Green Door Garage next to the Brudenell have my recommendation. Also had work done by Woodhouse Garage and they seemed pretty sound as well.
 Ewan Russell 31 Oct 2012
In reply to James Malloch:
I remember last time I was looking at getting my mot done I found a local council place that does it. Need to book in advance but they won't take the piss as they dont do repairs which also means you will need to get that sorted elsewhere!
In reply to conorcussell: Another vote for the Woodhouse Garage, they're very reasonable and sound chaps too.
 TMM 31 Oct 2012

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot

Try a council MOT testing centre. They're not trying to sell repairs so they have no axe to grind.
gizmo 31 Oct 2012

Alba Tyres just off the ring road near Horsforth used to be really good. Haven't used them in a couple of years though.
 thin bob 31 Oct 2012
+1 for council testing.

Had mine done at one 2 years ago., couldn't fault it really ('washer jet blocked' in amongst welding & brakes (eek!) ).

This year , I went to the garage that does cop cars, did the welding last year & they said the washer jets were blocked & the headlamp was misaligned & 'faulty' & the wiper blades needed changing. Funny that, they were fine 20 mins before the test..
They changed them without asking still saved me a retest & they reduced their bill..reckon it's back to the council next year. And checking the headlamp alignment against a wall.

The new windscreen wipers are excellent, but they fcking well should be for £22
OP James Malloch 31 Oct 2012
In reply to James Malloch: Thanks for the replies!

Is this the council one? It's the only one I can find...

225a York Road, Leeds, LS9 7QQ
Yorkshire

Tel: 01132 143161
 TMM 31 Oct 2012

Can't speak from any knowledge of Leeds but it the same details as the centre listed in link from my previous reply.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#arealist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...