ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Why do you wear the helmet that you do?

I'm vaguely miffed that my helmet article that went up yesterday completely failed to start any arguments; I mean this is UKC and it was about helmets?! What on earth did I do wrong? Perhaps I should have just argued that there needs to be an EU law mandating helmet use...

Anyway, before doing the research for article I had never thought much about what helmet I use beyond it's weight and ventilation. I had only considered what kind of impacts that helmet takes best in terms of not often wearing my foam helmet ice climbing. I definitely hadn't thought about the lack of side impact protection from cradle and hybrid style helmets in swinging falls. And I'm not sure that many other climbers do.

So; a survey: if you wear a lid, why that one? If you have two helmets why do you choose one over the other on certain days?
... not showing 90 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums