UKC

Black Diamond Primrose or Wild Country Womens Vision Ziplock ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
crs202 01 Nov 2012
I'm thinking of buying my first harness and I've found the Black Diamond Primrose Women's harness and Wild Country Womens Vision Ziplock harness for about the same price and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which is better?

Thanks!
 lcullum7 01 Nov 2012
In reply to crs202: I can only speak from experience of the men's versions but barring the women's specific fit they are the same. They have their differences but I don't think either has anything that makes it better that isn't down to personal preference. For example I prefer the buckle on the WC bum straps over the hook/loop system on the BD harness, but it's not enough to say it's worse.

With regard to buying a harness in general if you can get into a decent shop most will let you hang in them which is really useful to see how comfortable they are. Also if you plan to start winter climbing, bearing in mind a harness will last 3-5 years, one with double-back buckles all round makes putting them on over crampons easier, although these are becoming less common.

Hope that helps
michaelc 01 Nov 2012
In reply to lcullum7:

My wife got a WC (not the Vision, but the Elite Ziplock), after trying both (and many others). Just came down to fit in the end (and Vision and Elite fitted same, difference was only in weight/gear-loops/etc.,). What I thought was cool on the WC harness were the number of gear loops, the 10kn haul loop, 10kN accessory clip in point, pocket, etc.,

The WC harnesses seem to go in for these extra features (the Syncro claims 7 gear loops). Depending on your perspective, that's good/bad
 MLC 01 Nov 2012
In reply to crs202:

just replaced my BD primrose with the Wild Country Ziplock and find it much comfier. Think it's because there is more space between the waist and legs if that makes sense.
You'd probably be best going to a shop that has them both and trying them on to see which one you find comfiest.
crs202 02 Nov 2012
Thanks all! I guessing either will be a massive improvement on a hire harness, so it will be a win all round!
crs202 04 Nov 2012
Ended up getting a Petzl Luna, slightly less padded and comfortable than the other too but the fit was perfect.
The Black Diamond Primrose AL was the most comfortable but the small was too big and the extra small was too small! The Wild Country one was nice but the proportions were all wrong for my shape, nice material though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...