/ Excessive Woodie?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Elrond - on 01 Nov 2012
A bit excessive for a home woodie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-EfGTfoBg4
graeme jackson - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
Thought this was going to be about my mate who spent the whole of last night drooling over Alice cooper's guitarist Orianthi.
mkean - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
Looks about a sensible size. I'm a tiny bit jealous.
steve taylor - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

Nope - just about right I'd say....
PeterJuggler - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
Excessive for a woodie, but not a bouldering gym that happens to be made of wood.
I wonder why the building is a typical box shape? After putting in the angled climbing surfaces inside, a lot of space is wasted. Would have been a lot simpler and saved wood if they just designed the building with angles surfaces.
Tall Clare - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler:

Perhaps they decided that the structure would add to the resale value of the whole property if the woodie could be ripped out and the structure used as an outdoor office or similar?
Elrond - on 01 Nov 2012
In my view it seems a bit ott for a home wall.

That said, it could potentially add value to the house.
jwa - on 01 Nov 2012
I wonder if building something like that is cost effective against paying to go to a climbing wall with properly set problems.
tom_greenwich - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to jwa:

That assumes you have easy access to a local wall or crag. Could be they live several hours drive from the nearest one.
lost1977 - on 01 Nov 2012
In reply to jwa:

i would guess they are in the US, considering how far some of my mates have to travel just to get to a gym they could easily be looking at 20 miles each way to a climbing wall. i guess it could easily work out worth it just based on time saved
jwa - on 02 Nov 2012
In reply to tom_greenwich:
Obviously you'd have to take that into account. Any idea how much something like that would cost though?
browndog33 - on 02 Nov 2012
No, but I can build you one if you want!
Mark (site joiner).
dr_botnik - on 10 Nov 2012
In reply to jwa: You might be looking at planning permission problems if you're from the UK... Or did they just relax those?
ads.ukclimbing.com
kermit_uk - on 10 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

better than my local wall. Ha ha! Want one!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.