/ B1 - B3 Boot Hire - Snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nath - on 02 Nov 2012
Anyone know of anywhere in Snowdonia that hires out winter boots, B1, B2 or B3?

Want to take out my son but don't want to commit to buying winter boots without taking him out first to make sure he likes it.

I am trying ebay at the moment but without much success.

Cheers
highclimber - on 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Nath: if he's got a good pair of stiff walking boots already you'll be fine to put a pair of flexible crampons on them for most of what you'll encounter in Snowdonia.
Nath - on 02 Nov 2012
In reply to highclimber: He needs boots, his summer walking boots are approach shoes so really not suitable for C1's or Winter.

benacty - on 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Nath:
Plas y Brenin in Capel Curig will hire out boots
Bryn Llewelyn on 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Nath: Just missed it at the moment, but the Llanberis Mountain Rescue do Outdoor Equipment Car Boot sales. The last one was on 7th October but it looks like they do them each Spring/Autumn. The last one was advertised on this website so keep an eye out for the next one.
Nath - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to benacty: Cheers will try Plas y Brenin, i thought they only hired if you were on a course with them.
Dom Brown - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Nath: how big are his feet? and how much are you prepared to spend? I've got a pair of Scarpa Freney's and a pair of Grivel airtech GSB I'm looking to get rid of. both barley used and in good condition. If you're interested let me know and I'll get the Size and some pictures of the boots and crampons for you.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Nath - on 07 Nov 2012
In reply to Dom Brown: His standard shoe size is about 5.5 so i think he would get away with either 5.5 or 6. Another reason i dont want to spend huge amounts is that he is only 13 and just starting to hit his growth spurt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.