UKC

Antarctic Peninsula skiing and climbing expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave 02 Nov 2012
There's not too much on here about the Antarctic, but for those who might be interested I've just put up some pics on my UKC gallery from an expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula that I was on earlier this year. Hope you like them.
 Doug 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave: was that the Eagle Ski Club trip ? Nice photos
 jhw 02 Nov 2012
How anyone could give any of those less than 5 is totally beyond me.
 deepstar 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave: Fantastic photos,are you going to write an article about your trip?
 Trangia 02 Nov 2012
In reply to deepstar:
> (In reply to Dave) Fantastic photos,are you going to write an article about your trip?

+1

BTW how happy were you skiing glaciers unroped - some of those part snow covered crevasses in the background look big!
In reply to Dave: Some stunning pics in your gallery chap. Bo)
In reply to Dave:

wow. i dont think i've ever given so many consecutive photos '5' votes...

cheers

gregor
 TobyA 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave: Have you seen this Dave? http://forrestmccarthy.blogspot.fi/2012/11/work-hard-play-hard-cross-countr... Next time you can take your skinny skis to.
 Damo 02 Nov 2012
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:
> (In reply to Dave)
>
> wow. i dont think i've ever given so many consecutive photos '5' votes...

+1
 Rourke 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave:

Thanks for the heads up, enjoyed those

And as others have said, fantastic shots
 Pyreneenemec 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave:

Thanks !

I hope being an expat forgives the fact that I had never heard of the the Eagle Ski Club ! Phil Wickins's 'Expedition Report' was a fantastic read; something to think and make plans about through the winter !
OP Dave 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Doug:
> (In reply to Dave) was that the Eagle Ski Club trip ? Nice photos

Hi Doug, yes it was. Hope you are keeping well....

Thanks to everybody for the positive comments on the photos.

If anybody is interested there is a detailed expedition report here. http://www.philwickens.co.uk/download/files/ESC_Antarctica_2012/2012_Eagle_... and a very nice set of photos here http://www.philwickens.co.uk/Photography/EXHIBITIONS/ESC_Antarctica_2012/
OP Dave 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Trangia:

> BTW how happy were you skiing glaciers unroped - some of those part snow covered crevasses in the background look big!

Some were gigantic, though its the ones you don't see that you worry about! We skied up roped and then more or less skied down the route of ascent so we had some idea of where they were, and just add a bit of speed.....
 Ewan Russell 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave: Great photos what a pleasure to view!
In reply to Dave:

had a look at your website- jaw dropping stuff...

loved the wildlife ones too

cheers
gregor
OP Dave 03 Nov 2012
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:
> (In reply to Dave)
>
> had a look at your website- jaw dropping stuff...
>
> loved the wildlife

Just to be clear that's not my website, that's Phil's, who organised and led the trip. But I agree, great pics there...
Dave
 kevin stephens 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave:
I'm wetting myself looking at your pics Thankyou! Also I've been thinking of joining Eagle Ski Club - maybe after getting SCGB purple (hopefully) early this season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...