UKC

trail shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 03 Nov 2012
Hi All
Looking for a pair of trail shoes, that would deal with both dry and muddy tracks, has anybody used karrimor trail shoes, also looking at addidas kanadia
Thanks in advance
Sebastian
 goatee 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I use Kanadias and find them good, especially on muddy trails. Don't get a pair of shoes that have Gore Tex. They only hold in water. A pair that lets water out easily is much better. I use Nike Pegasus Trail for dry trails/ forestry runs. I think they are great.
 Indy 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74:

i got some Karrimor trail shoes about 18 months ago because they were lots cheaper than the usual suspects. My take on them is that yes they are cheaper but you get less of shoe because of it. They didn't last as long, weren't as comfortable etc. I guess they'd be O.K for the odd sunday walks but feel that an investment in a branded product would be the better option for the more serious walker/user.

Ended up getting some Salomans in a sale and am now happy as larry.
 Wonrek 03 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: I run on really rough track in Salomon Speedcross 3's.

Pricey but handle everything I throw at them and also good for road sections too.

But as is the wy with these things it's a very personal choice, I had a couple of the very popular Inov8's before these and dint get on with them at all.

Cx
 yorkshireman 03 Nov 2012
> Hi All
> Looking for a pair of trail shoes, that would deal with both dry and muddy tracks, has anybody used karrimor trail shoes, also looking at addidas kanadia

I bought some Karrimors, lasted about 4-5 runs when they were 'ok' then I did a pretty steep local mountain with about 800m of ascent and on the descent the bit around the heel started digging into my ankle bones, leaving the side of my feet a bloody mess by the time I got to the bottom.

I'm currently running with a pair of Brooks Cascadia 7s - have done a couple of hundred kms in them and they're pretty decent. This week they've dealt with deep snow, ice, mud, wet grass and dry gravel/scree pretty well.

Shoes are personal though, so just try by experience. I've learned though that cheaper shoes are cheaper for a reason!

gizmo 03 Nov 2012

Another vote for the Kandadias. I'm on my second pair, and it's very rare that I can find a shoe that I want another pair of. You can usually pick them up cheap in a sale. Be careful of the sizings though. I'm usually a 10.5 but I wear a 12 in the Kanadias. Most people have to go up at least a half size if not a full one.
Removed User 03 Nov 2012
In reply to gizmo: thank you for sharing your experiences, I'm leaning towards kanadias due to their price, and positive feedback
Regards
Sebastian
 Roberttaylor 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Kanadias are good. I have the TR2 version and loved them, when they died (after a lot of use) I bought the TR3 and am less enamoured. Still a good shoe but they have added too much cushioning. I wouldn't run in them any more but use them for getting about town, to the crag, waking in summer...

R
Removed User 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor:
i'm considering TR4, 5 version seems to be built on a differently designed sole, not available till next year though
thanks
Sebastian
Wulfrunian 04 Nov 2012

Got some Kanadias but not used them in anger yet. Waiting for my Saucony Jazz Trails to die first. Can recommend these too - good in the mud and in the dry.
jjv 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Not Karrimor, but I use La Sportiva Raptors. There are some at Facewest at what I think is a good price but limited sizes. I really like these shoes. Very sturdy and good grip. I'm hoping to do the CCC next year and will use Raptors if I get in.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/La-Sportiva-Raptor.html
 wbo 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Is that weight really correct for the Sportivas - they are at least twice as much as anything comparable. I have to confess that for most of my 'trail' running I use a pair of road shoes as it's on gravel trails and fire roads
Removed User 05 Nov 2012
In reply to wbo:
I use my road shoes for trail runs for most of the year as well,though as down here in Dorset we are approaching winter,please read mud, wet trails and occasional slush, thought I would get a pair of trails; think,will settle with kanadias as they fit my budget
seb
jjv 05 Nov 2012
In reply to wbo: That's for a pair though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...