Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC fit club 294

Daniel Heath - on 04 Nov 2012
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (293) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=525088
Posters:
Si dH – Enjoyed reading about your trip. Sounds ace. Well done on 7a OS, and flashing the 7a the ripped Spaniards were falling off!
JimmyKay – Flashing 7b and making quick work of 7cs, good effort. Hang on to this trip for psyche as you get back into work.
Biscuit – 8 pitch 6a with 3 clients sounds hard work. I thought two pitches with one client was hard enough! And that’s a big old hangover
Pebbles – Good mix of sessions there. I like your plan of doing bouldering before routes and circuits. Don’t worry too much about being fresh for a session though. You might sometimes be tired from your last session like on Tuesday, but the accumulated training load will pay off when you next have a good rest.
Eagle River – Nice work pushing onto 7cs
Kevster – Ouch, not good. Hope it heals soon.
Exile – Impressive amount of fingerboarding squeezed around a normal climbing week.
Grubes – It’s so hard to avoid flash pump in the cold. Well done on the run, hopefully more to come?
NMN – Quiet week but totally forgivable. You seem to do plenty enough most weeks to afford a few work-induced days off.
Leon – Sorry to hear you’re so busy. What’s your work? Gonna guess product manufacture of some sort.
MrChewey – Cool to read such a positive post. Keep trying hard, it clearly works!
Ali – Good week, and congrats on 6c+ flash!
Anak – First 6c, good work. Go for it on lead, have fun prepping for Costa Blanca.
AJM – Sounds like a good week. Well done with strength/power milestones. Gogarth always feels a little bit scary doesn’t it.
IainRUK – Great result, well done.
Rollo – Lots there, solid week.
Ian Bell – Welcome back. It seems we’ve all been getting ill recently, hopefully that can change
Mattrm – Well done, it sounds like a really tough challenge. Maybe 5 day’s rest is resting “too hard”?
Ally Smith – Strong week, and good variety. You’ve raised the average UKCFC bar considerably!
Steve John B – Better to post nothing than avoid posting, but 7 rest days is a bit extreme. A short run or some press ups wouldn’t go amiss?
Alex@home – Great week. Structure is good for circuit sessions. And we have another fit clubber on the BF scales!
Odd Toast – 2 6a leads and you weren’t even feeling well. Good effort there!
Nomics4Sale – Hard sport slabs are a bit scary! Well done getting on the E2 and getting a proper fall under your belt. Build on this with a bit more confidence and you’ll start getting them clean. “Stay cool” I say this to myself to avoid over gripping, but whatever works for you…
SeanKenny – Looking forward to the update.
... not showing 58 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums