/ Good quality thermal cup.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chay - on 05 Nov 2012
Hi All,

I have early starts a few days a week and inevitable end up drinking a lot of coffee in order to function and that means spending a lot of money in Costa before, in the middle and after my commute, I've had a couple of large thermal cups but none really work so well.

I have a great small flask that i can refill the cup with but i'm really looking for a good quality, large-ish thermal cup that'll stay warm whilst I walking about.

Any suggestions?

Jenny C on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: Lifeventure do a thermal mug which we use. It doesn't have a drinking spout but instead a proper lid so is watertight and functions like a small flask which you can drink direct from.
martinph78 on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Jenny C: Second that, very good they are but they are loke a flask rather than a drinking cup.

Starbucks and Costa both do insulated drinking cups. I have a Starbucks one (it was a gift) and it s really, really good.

Don't bother with the berghaus ones, the plastic handles snap off. Happened on both of mine.
SFM - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Jenny C:

If it's this one then I have the same. http://www.outside.co.uk/shop/Thermal+Mug?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign...

To the OP: It really is very good and will keep tea decently hot for about 4 hours. I got mine from TK Maxx for about 4 so worth checking there if you can. There is storage space in the lid but have never used it. I guess you could keep milk in there.
Monk - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to SFM:

Me too. I don't use it so much at the moment, but when I commuted by train, this mug was a godsend for frosty mornings on the platform when the train was inevitably late. It also had the advantage that it was watertight, so didn't leak when in my bag while cycling to the station.

I had a series of them from another manufacturer (can't remember who, unfortunately) and returned them all as they all had a weak thread on the lid which flattened easily, causing the drink to leak. The Lifeventure one has been great though.
Kermi - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: +1 for the Lifeadventure cup.
Dervey - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: I'd go for a lifeventure
Dave B on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to SFM:

My one was rubbish and broke very soon after getting it. The top kept popping. It was a common problem at the time. I have Karrimor one, which has never broken or top popped. Slightly smaller, but much better. They may have changed the design at some point to improve it, or wear might have happened on the mould so later ones were rubbish before they fixed them...

Alejandro on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22:

Anybody tried/got one of these? They're definitely on the expensive side, but it looks quality...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contigo-Autoseal-Travel-Mug-Silver/dp/B001RMGVU8/
andic - on 05 Nov 2012

Yeah the lifeventure mini flask/mugs are brill' and the perfect size to fit in the ammo pouch of c95 webbing, you just have to chuck a couple of mags away
Chay - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: Thanks guys! Seems to be pretty conclusive!
Carolyn - on 05 Nov 2012

Lifeventure here, too. The lid popping seems to have passed with time (it's about 5 years old and still going strong)
The Bad Cough - on 05 Nov 2012
In reply to Alejandro: Mate has one and says its great. I have same type (autoseal) made by Avex, which is great but came as a 2 pack and was still cheaper. Great because they can lie on their side and will not leak.
trueuk1 - on 05 Nov 2012
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/stanley-one-handed-vacuum-mug-p210911

I use one of those daily for work and can not fault it.

Steve
csw on 05 Nov 2012

I use one of these:

http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/7177

I can't praise it highly enough, The lid is fully watertight, it's been dropped from scaffolding on to concrete with no damage and it keeps brews warm for long enough. I've previously used a lifeventure insulated mug/flask and while they're good, I find that they keep a brew too hot - I generally want to drink mine within 30 minutes of making it and I can't afford to hang about blowing on it
teh_mark - on 05 Nov 2012

I have a fantastic mug from Tim Horton's (Canadian coffee shop chain) bought for about $2. It's by far the best travel mug type thing that I've ever used - it'll happily keep coffee hot for an hour, and drinking for up to about two hours.

Obviously not a great recommendation if you're not going to find yourself in Canada any time soon mind...
Nick Harvey - on 06 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: I have a Bodum one - the drinks stays hot for too long if anything, I keep scalding myself. I think it must be a vacuum one.
s.scott - on 06 Nov 2012
In reply to andic:

and only ever rinsed with your next brew? Bet your CSgt loved you.

ads.ukclimbing.com
iksander on 12 Nov 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: Morrisons do one for 4, steel vacuum with a lockable flip lid over "no glug" a sipping spout. Can operate one handed with gloves (with a bit of tweaking of the lock)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.