Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Tips for organising/carrying/storing rack (off the harness)

martinph78 on 05 Nov 2012
Hi all,

My rack has just got bigger. I am stripping out some stuff to make room for my new stuff and don't think it excessive for the mixture of crags/locations I climb at.

Obviously I'll only put on my harness what I think I'll need for the route, but I am looking for tips on storing the rack and moving it from say my local crag (short walk in) to the bottom of needle ridge (long walk in), and to help keep an eye on all my gear (easily spot if anything is, erm, missing).

Currently I have an old 120cm dyneema sling that I've tied knots in every 150cm to give me 8 loops to clip gear to. This seems ok. I then lower this carefully into my rucksack, usually on top of my shoes. Harness and helmet sit on top (as that's the order I tend to gear up).

Usually when I lift the sling out things are still in a pretty big tangle.

I have tried laying the rack out on a towel and rolling it, which worked well but was very bulky.

Any other tips/ideas? I guess everyone has there own way!
... not showing 39 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums