UKC

'Mountaineering Routes' in the Lake District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 frecro 07 Nov 2012
Hi all,

Sorry for such an open question, but I'm stuck at work with limited access to the internet (although UKC forums aren't blocked...)

I've only ever been to Lake District once before and am therefore in need of some advice. I'm looking for a long scramble/mountaineering route to do in the next couple of days. Something curved ridge-esq in character would be ideal. Any ideas?

A quick google and the only websites that I can access only give short routes. I'm after a long route on a big hill to blow away the office cobwebs!

Freddie
 MikeLell 07 Nov 2012
In reply to frecro: In reply to frecro: Look for a book called 'The Long Routes' . Covers a lot of the sort of thing you described. Also has routes in Snowdonia.

I've been meaning to create the Long Routes Ticklist on the Logbooks here.
In reply to frecro:

there isnt really anything like curved ridge. pinnacle ridge on st sunday crag maybe the closest, but shorter and less sustained.

maybe something on the eskdale flank of scafell massif?

or an enchainment like the grey crags one above buttermere? less continuous, but harder

cheers

gregor
 martinph78 07 Nov 2012
In reply to frecro: Needle Ridge on Great Gable is definiately worth a day out. Multi-oitch climbing, scramble, and a long walk in and out.

RBK 07 Nov 2012
In reply to frecro: Dow's a good option: up C Ordinary, down Easy Terrace, up Giant's Crawl and then walk out via the top of the Old Man.
 Mike Conlon 07 Nov 2012
In reply to frecro: Not quite a mountain route, but does have a mountain feel and can be done in most conditions - Middlefell Buttress in Great Langdale, it does for me. Enjoy whatever you choose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...