Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Society of Black Lawyers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9661263/Tottenham-defend-their-supporters-over-allegations...

I noticed this report, having recently read about this group having reported Mark Clattenberg to the Police over the allegations that he racially abused a Chelsea player.

A couple of things spring to mind. The first is that I'm surprised that it's possible to report something to the Police which has nothing directly to do with you. The second is that they are saying they'll report Spurs fans for calling themselves the Yid Army, in reference to the club's roots in the Jewish community. I have an issue with this. I'd always believed it acceptable for people to call themselves whatever they wanted - for example a black person could call themselves a nigger if they so wished. I'm starting to wonder if I've become one of those old people that doesn't "get it" any more (like I felt the first time I bought food in a Subway).

Any thoughts?
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums