ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Van for camper conversion?

AJM - on 08 Nov 2012
Looking for a van to do a camper conversion on atm. Probably medium wheel base high top, which rules out a lot of the popular smaller vans which appear on threads in the past.

Been browsing the interweb, and have found some appealing looking Merc Sprinters, Ford Transits, Vauxhall Movanos and Renault Masters.

Just wondered if anyone had any views on them really? Or any other must consider options (there's not many of them about, but things like Ivecos or other far-eastern vans I know essentially nothing about) really...?

You obviously look like you get a lot more for your money with the other 3 than a Sprinter, and the Renaults look like they're a bit cheaper for equivalent sort of age/miles than the others. but then Sprinters have a rep for going on and on, from what I've heard, Transit parts and stuff are rumoured to be cheaper because they are so ubiquitous, and so on.

If it helps, the budget is probably in the 4-5k region for the van itself, although that's not set in stone in either direction for the right thing. The vans I've been looking at range from about 2005-2008 in the most part at that sort of price.

Advice gratefully received.....

Andy
... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums