Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Can I Keep You ?

Pyreneenemec - on 08 Nov 2012
I watched "Casper" this evening on "Gulli" a dedicated kids TV channel here in France.
James Horner's piano theme "One Last Wish" has a haunting presence through-out the film. It is so simple, yet unexplainingly beautiful, quite similar to Elma Bernsteins "To Kill A Mocking Bird". Anyway, to cut a long story short, that awful moment arrives where Casper and Christina Ricci have "One Last Dance" and Casper whispers into her ear: "Can I keep you". Any of you who know the film will understand just how hard it is to hold back the tears at that moment. I couldn't and it's a moment that was unashamedly shared with my partner. What a couple of softies !

I can't remember all the films that have such an effect on me, but there are a few of them ! Perhaps the worse is when "Paulie" ( the parrot with the big mouth) is reunited with his owner Marie !

What do other UKC forum-users get emotional about ? Be honest and momentarily return to a time when everything was innocent and simple !
... not showing 85 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums